Best pizzelle makers
When you think of pizzelle, what comes to mind? Chances are that you are like me, and you think of tiny little pizzas, right? It’s okay. That is what I thought too. No reason to feel ashamed. However, it seems that pizzelle are, in fact, very similar to waffles, and are an Italian dessert dish. They are quite tasty. I had them before. I just did not know that they are called pizzelle. The packages always said waffle, so I went with it.
Did you know that you can make pizzelle at home? Just like waffles, in fact. You need a pizzelle maker, and you can get one almost anywhere. All you have to do is look. They are not expensive, and you will be able to make tasty Italian desserts at home. What sounds better than dessert?
Types of pizzelle makers
It seems that there are two types of pizzelle makers. I had a vague idea what those are, and when I looked it up, my thoughts were confirmed. However, you should know that you can make a choice between two types: handheld and electric.
The handheld pizzelle maker looks quite primitive, to be honest. However, you may know exactly what I am talking about. Maybe you remember how waffle makers used to look a century ago? It looked like a double pan with dents all over the surface so that you get a waffle-like texture. That is how handheld pizzelle makers look now. Except they allow less batter between the ‘pans.” Now, there is a catch. The pizzelle maker is made of iron, and it will not cook pizzelle itself. You need to put it on the stove. You need to control the temperature so that the dessert does not become burnt, and you need to turn it over to cook it on both sides. Sounds like a hassle, doesn’t it?
Electric pizzelle makers, on the other hand, are basically just like electric waffle makers, except, of course, that they allow less batter between the two sides because pizzelle are thinner than waffles. You plug it in, turn it on, and wait to reach the selected temperature. You do not need to turn the pizzelle or the pizzelle maker, and you know when they are done. It is simple as that.
If you judge the two types, it is easy to see which one is better. I do not condemn people who prefer the handheld pizzelle makers, but they seem like a lot of work. I would not like it at all. Electric pizzelle makers are very easy to use. It is just like making waffles. There is less hassle, and your pizzelle will be ready sooner. I think it is quite obvious which one I would choose. Of course, however, if you want to make pizzelle in the middle of the woods when you go camping, the old-school kind sounds a lot more suitable. But then again, I have never heard anyone making dessert in the woods. At the end of the day, the choice is entirely yours.
How to choose the best pizzelle maker?
If you do decide that you want pizzelle and you want them at home, you can buy a high-quality pizzelle maker online. As I said above, they are not expensive, and you have a vast variety of products to choose from. All you need to do is consider a few things before making a purchase so that you do not end up with something you do not like. Here is what you need to consider:
- The type of the pizzelle maker – as I said above, there are two types of pizzelle makers. The choice is yours at the end of the day, but my advice is to go electric unless you make pizzelle very often. Why is that? Because cast iron pizzelle makers, which are the most common when it comes to handheld, are the most durable. There are no electronic components, so the chances of breaking are slim to none. Worst case scenario is that the screw that holds the two sides together becomes loose, but that is pretty much it. However, electronic pizzelle are more comfortable to use, and they involve less hassle. Again, the choice is yours.
- Your level of experience – you may wonder what that has to do with anything. You may be surprised. If you are an amateur, you need a device with lights that notify you when the dessert is done. Otherwise, you may burn it or undercook it. There are several models out there that can help with that. Some of them come with a timer, while others are designed to know when your cookies are done judging by the quantity of batter and the time it takes for the pizzelle to cook.
- High low edges – this is just like with waffles. It happened to me on numerous occasions to put too much or too little batter. When there is too little batter, the waffles come out too small, so the issue is not concerning. When it is the other way around, the overflow can leak all over the counter. Nobody likes that. If that happens to you often, you should go for a pizzelle maker that has a high edge. If you are an expert, you can go for the low-edge pizzelle maker.
- Do not forget about heat distribution – nothing can make you lose your appetite like pizzelle undercooked in the middle and overcooked at the edges. You need to look at the material used for the manufacture of the pizzelle maker. Some metals are not very good at distributing the heat evenly. Just keep that in mind.
- Ease of cleaning – that may seem a little bit shallow, but it is not for me. The life we live now is supposed to be as simple as possible, and ease of cleaning, whatever we may be talking about, is an important issue. Usually, electric pizzelle makers are made with a non-stick coating, so cleaning is supposed to be easy as pie. A model with detachable parts is even better because you can throw them in the washing machine.
- Pizzelle waffles? Why not both? – Did you know that there are pizzelle makers that can be used as waffle makers as well? It seems so. You can let your imagination run wild and leave your mouth watering.
What are the best pizzelle makers?
Choosing the best pizzelle maker may seem a bit difficult because there are a lot of models out there. However, all you need to do is use the criteria mentioned above and go on a small online hunt if you do not feel like it, you can just choose one of the products below. I can guarantee that you will be happy with your choice.
CucinaPro Non-Stick Pizzelle Maker
Judging by the title, this pizzelle maker is made by an Italian manufacturer, so I guess they know what they are doing. Leaving the jokes aside, this is one of the most commonly bought pizzelle maker, which makes it one of the best on the market. It has some excellent reviews, which is why I chose to show it to you in the first place. You can make two pizzelle at the same time, and there are two models. One resembles the waffle and the other looks like a flower. The shape may not be important, but it is a nice touch.
The pizzelle you get by using the CucinaPro maker are 5 inches in diameter. I think that it is the ideal size that will fit perfectly on a plate. You can also make cones and fill them in with your favorite creams. The dessert will come out perfectly cooked. The steam guard will protect your hands so that you do not get burned,
The two plates are made of sturdy metal, and the exterior has an aluminum finish. The thickness of the material, as well as its quality, ensure an even heat distribution so that you pizzelle come out as they are supposed to. The non-stick surface of the plates makes cleaning a piece of cake. In case you do not have much experience, the CucinaPro pizzelle maker comes with delicious recipes that you can cook for yourself and your family. I am sure that you are going to enjoy using it.
Cuisinart WM-PZ10 Pizzelle Press
I think you must have heard about Cuisinart. Half of my kitchen is made by this manufacturer so I can tell you for sure that their products are high-quality. The prices are not steep either. This device, while it may be called a pizzelle press, is in fact, a pizzelle maker. It is the same thing, after all. You can bake two 4-inch pizzelle at once, and you can do that barely lifting a finger.
The device is easy to use from start to finish. You just plug it in, set the desired level of browning, and wait for the green light to turn on. That is when you know that the plates are hot enough for you to pour the batter in. The other light, the red one, indicates that the pizzelle maker is running. The two lights ensure that you cook your pizzelle perfectly, without undercooking or burning them.
The plates are non-stick, of course, which will help with cleaning. The sides, however, need to be wiped with a wet cloth from time to time. The batter can get stuck on the edge. Furthermore, if the plates get dirty, you can just remove them and wash them. Then, just put them back, and you are done.
Chef’s Choice Edgecraft 835-SE PizzelloPro Express Bake Pizzelle Maker
Unlike the previous two products, this high-quality pizzelle maker can bake not two, but three pizzelle at once. It is an ideal product for people with large families since we know how patient kids can be. Moreover, the three pizzelle will be ready in less than 60 seconds. In my point of view, it does not get any better than that.
The non-stick plates allow easy cleaning, and since the metal used for the manufacture of the pizzelle makes is of the highest quality, the heat is distributed evenly for perfect baking. You can choose between 5 levels of browning, and every single time the pizzelle will come out perfectly. The two lights on the side will let you know when the device is baking and when it is ready to cook. That way you let it do all the work.
Other features include a locking latch that ensures the thickness is uniform, instant temperature recovery, and an overflow channel. The latter comes in handy if you are bit clumsy or you lack baking experience. The cord has its own storage place at the bottom, and you will receive recipes and a cylinder form when you get your package.
I have to admit that I like all three products, but if I were to choose just one, I would go with the Cuisinart WM-PZ10 Pizzelle Press. I own products manufactured by Cuisinart, and so far, they have never disappointed me. They provide high-quality devices at affordable prices. This pizzelle maker is no different. It has all the right features, bakes delicious and perfect pizzelle, and it comes quite cheap. In my opinion, this is one of the best pizzelle makers I could find.
Pizzelle can make for an excellent breakfast, and you can use it as a dessert as well. Lots of people enjoy it, and since quite recently, so do I. one of the pizzelle makers above can help you learn how to bake them yourself, and I am sure that you will be happy with the result. Bon appetite! Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Awful Side of Pizzelle Cookies for Sale
- The End of Cuisinart Waffle Maker
- New Ideas Into Waring Waffle Maker Never Before Revealed
- The Insider Secret on Commercial Waffle Maker Exposed
- Uncommon Article Gives You the Facts on Cast Iron Pizzelle Maker That Only a Few People Know Exist
- Life, Death, and Belgian Waffle Maker
- Danger Signs on Waring Pro Waffle Maker You Should Be Aware Of
- Clad Waffle Maker Features
- What the In-Crowd Won’t Tell You About Waffle Maker
- The Fundamentals of Palmer Pizzelle Iron Revealed
- Private Information on Cuisinart Wm Pz2 Pizzelle Press Only the Experts Know About
- All About Waffle Iron
- Where Can I Buy a Pizzelle Maker: No Longer a Mystery
- The Pizzelle Baker Trap
- The Secret Truth About Villaware Pizzelle Iron Uncovered
- New Ideas Into Where to Buy Pizzelle Maker Never Before Revealed
- The Battle Over Chef ‘s Choice Pizzelle Maker and How to Win It
- A Simple Trick for Italian Cookies Pizzelle Exposed
- Top Pizzelle Iron Maker Guide!
- Italian Pizzelle Iron Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Palmer Pizzelle Maker and What You Should Do Today
- Cuisinart Pizzelle Press Tips & Guide
- The Villaware Pizzelle Baker Diaries
- The Birth of Pizzelle Machine
- The Ultimate Pizzelle Press Trick
- Cucinapro Pizzelle Maker – Overview
- Pizzelles Maker Secrets
- Villaware Pizzelle Maker – an in Depth Anaylsis on What Works and What Doesn’t
- The Most Overlooked Solution for Cuisinart Pizzelle Maker
- A Fool’s Handbook to Pizzelle Cookies
- Unanswered Concerns About Pizzelle Cookie Maker
- The Good, the Bad and Pizzelle
- Pizzelle Iron – an in Depth Anaylsis on What Works and What Doesn’t
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Pizzelle Maker and What You Should Do Today
- Golden Lift Chair Prices for Dummies